<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d14711072\x26blogName\x3dThe+Crooked\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://eandf.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://eandf.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d4026429136208759632', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Greatness in a nutshell

It's a new morning, a new morning, yeeeeeeah. Woah woah wo
(Probably not the best song to try to type out. Next time I promise to choose one that consists of actual words.)
It has become quite a chore to actually answer the question "how are you?" properly (since I have always considered that to be an actual question). Because it's funny, when I was like 12 I could just consult my feelings and be like "I'm great! Happy! Full of joy and promise and frolicsome feelings!" or "Wow. Now that you mention it, I'm actually quite sad."
But I've come to realize that I will very rarely be entirely happy or entirely sad. There is always happiness to be found in sadness, and an increasing awareness of sadness when one is looking for sadness. There is no way to REALLY figure out REALLY how you are REALLY feeling (redundant but effective use of the word REALLY).

But I tend to usually decide that I'm great, and I'm doing well. Mostly a culmination of the following things that I know to be true:
>> Progress, not perfection, is the goal.
>> If I can SAY I'm doing great, it means I'm still alive and doing okay.
>> God is doing great, and that's all that really matters.
>> The deeper the sadness, the more it teaches me, and the nearer the impending happiness.
>> I never know when just saying "I'm great" will help me to realize that, hey, I really am GREAT! PTL! Hallelujah!

You will also have a WONDERFUL day, amen?

11 comments:

Anonymous sun said...

Oughhhhbt. Aaaand there's my lunch. Lol!

3/06/2008 1:07 PM  
Blogger Florence said...

sigh...

3/06/2008 1:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job. I entirely agree. - Leigh

3/07/2008 12:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why did you take off all your links? do you want people to be stuck at your blog or something?

3/08/2008 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why can't ppl do as they please, its her blog...sigh

3/08/2008 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, someone once told me:
"How are you?" is just a greeting.
You say I'm fine, thank you and you?"
Just as you would do if someone greeted you and said "hello", you'd responsed with a friendly hello back.
I've found it best to reply "I'm fine" instead of go on into details...but Yes I agree with what you wrote..PTL! Amen Amen Amen

3/08/2008 5:29 PM  
Blogger Florence said...

Wow. An Anonymous party!!
Anonymous number one who asked about my links may or may not be interested to know that I did not take off ALL of my links, I left the ones that mattered.
Anonymous who found it best to reply "I'm fine" etc., is probably not a Libra and is blessed with much less complex, time-wasting thought patterns. You lucky thing.

3/08/2008 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Chuck said...

EXACTLY!!

Well, what I mean to say is...

EXACTLY!

(also a redundant, but effective use of the word EXACTLY)

I likewise usually answer with "I'm great". Unless I wish to make a statement in return to a statement-less sentence.

In which case you respond with an action that perfectly describes how you feel.

Such as an impromptu jump down, turn around.

Because ACTIONS speak so much louder than WORDS.

However, what I REALLY feel like saying, (because my Libra, complex and time-wasting patterns simply CHURN at what others would consider a nonessential question) is thus:

"In what way am I supposed to know HOW I am when I never even know WHEN or WHERE I am!"

See?

EXACTLY!

(help)

3/13/2008 6:48 AM  
Blogger Florence said...

Haha Chuck you nutcase.

3/13/2008 11:16 AM  
Blogger Elaina said...

Do you mean to say...I don't matter...? After all we've been through together?
Snuffle snuffle snort.

3/18/2008 1:52 PM  
Blogger Florence said...

Elaina, I don't know why you would ever want to pretend to be sensitive about something so silly!

3/18/2008 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home